Toulouse is the sixth largest city of France and is certainly worth visiting during your holiday. With its characteristic pink granite buildings (giving it the nickname 'La Ville Rose'), Toulouse has a unique atmosphere. With excellent art galleries, good restaurants and lots of festivals, it is a popular tourist destination.
Toulouse is a unique city in the South of France
The French you hear is laced with Spanish sounds and you can see Italian influences in the architecture. The city is located 1.5 away from the Mediterranean Sea and the Pyrenees. You can wander through the medieval streets or stroll along the Canal du Midi. You will feel like a real astronaut in the “Cité de l’Espace” or perhaps a future Airbus A380 pilot. Whether during the day or night, the restaurants of the “Ville rose” are lively places with student parties and large festivals.
Beautiful places in Toulouse
- La place du Capitole and the “Salle des Illustres” in the impressive city hall.
- La basilique Saint-Sernin, the largest Romanesque church in Western Europe and an important sanctuary for pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostella.
- The historic centre of Toulouse with prominent mansions.
- Le canal du Midi, which is included in the Unesco World Heritage List.
- The embankments of the Garonne with the walking area of Henri-Martin, the green zone of the “Prairie des Filtres” and the garden Raymond VI.
- The museums, including the new Museum of Natural History, the Augustin Museum (fine arts) and the Antiques Museum Saint-Raymond. Modern and contemporary art can be found in “Les Abattoirs”, Asian Art in the Georges Labit Museum, and graphic decorative art in the Paul Dupuy Museum.
- The theme park of the Cité de l’Espace with the Airbus A380 assembly line.
- Gastronomic specialties such as cassoulet (regional dish with beans), dry sausage, goose liver, fenetra (meringue cake), brique du Capitole (chocolate) and Armagnac.
- The “Plan Lumière”, a special initiative to illuminate the city’s best looking buildings so that when night falls you can see a monumental city fresco come to life.
Visit Toulouse with the City Card
The City Card is issued in your name and is valid for one year. The pass offers 250 deals and discounts in hotels and restaurants, at tourist attractions, stores, and for entertainment.
make use of a P + R parking lot. With the metro back and back for 2 people this does not cost much; parking is free.
We used P + R "Ramonville" in Saint Agne. Is this full, keep quietly waiting for one of the barriers, almost every 5 minutes there is a subway.