The best amusement parks in France according to FranceComfort
Are you looking for an amusement park in France that you can visit during your holiday? Or are you staying at one of our holiday parks in central and southern France and are you preparing fun days out in advance? There are plenty of amusement parks in France. There are amusement parks with water attractions, swimming pools and slides, but there are also various adventure parks. On this page you can read all about and discover the most enjoyable amusement parks in France, according to us and our guests. Most parks are within half an hour to an hour's drive from your holiday home, thus a perfect location.
What are the best theme parks in France?
Belo we have listed our 'amusement parks top 10'. We have selected approximately two amusement parks for you per region.
- Futuroscope theme park in Poitiers: France's most popular futuristic theme park. This amusement park is guaranteed to offer a day of entertainment for children and adults.
- Puy du Fou entertainment park in Vendée: a historic theme park where history comes to life. You can enjoy beautiful grand shows centered around the lives of the Romans, the three musketeers and the Vikings, among others. This amusement park has also been voted the best amusement park in the world.
- Adventure park Le Chateau des Aventuriers: park with pirates, a dinosaur theme and castles. What child doesn't like this?
The Dordogne has many smaller amusement parks, such as our favorites:
- Walygator Sud-Ouest: in this amusement park you will find several rollercoasters, white water rides, family attractions and children's attractions.
- A completely different kind of park, which we would also love to mention, is recreation park Cap Nature in the Cahors. This climbing and adventure park is highly recommended for anyone who is in the mood for an active day.
Amusement parks in the South of France
- The largest amusement park of Provence-Cȏte d'Azur is Antibesland. With over 30 attractions, this amusement park in France is really worth a visit and suitable for all ages. This amusement park is perfect driving distance for the holiday parks Jardin du Golf, Vallée de la St. Baume, Résidence de Salernes and Villa's du Verdon.
- We also recommend Kiddypark Hyères. This is a large amusement park in the South of France and is divided into three smaller amusement parks: Kiddypark, La Cabane and Accro Adventures. The first 2 mentioned amusement parks are fun for all ages and accro Adventures is perfect for families with older children.
- Aventure Famille Sainte Maxime is also an adventure park suitable for the whole family. This park has various tree climbing courses, electric scooters and an archery range.
This region has small indoor play parks that are always fun to visit. The amusement parks in Carcassonne and Toulouse are also located near your holiday home in Espinet. In the summer, these parks are cooled and they are heated in the winter.
Coccinelle is a small entertainment park for families with young children. This amusement park has various attractions combined with a wildlife park with farm animals and a water park with play equipment. This amusement park is guaranteed to offer you a day of entertainment.
Small attraction parks in France
Except for our selection for the "top 10 attraction parks in France" there are also numerous smaller attraction parks in every region. If your children are still young or you do not want to go to such a big park, a smaller attraction park is a great idea for a day out for your family. There is, for example, a smaller attraction park for youngsters who open new attractions every year near our holiday parks in Poitou-Charentes Parc de la Vallée. There are also various adventure parks, go-kart tracks and quad tracks in the region. We recommend visiting the small attraction park La Cabane if you are staying in the south of France with young children. Are you going on holiday to L'Espinet? If this is the case you should think about going to the play park in Carcassonne. An absolute must in the Dordogne is Parc Le Bournat. This is a smaller theme park centered around learning all about life in Dordogne in 1900. The theme park has animals, attractions and performances. The park is great for families and is very affordable.
In addition to amusement parks, loads of fun can be had at a water park in France
The water parks are very characteristic for the south of France. In addition to many swimming pools and all kinds of challenging slides, the water parks offer many attractions for young and old. In the Dordogne, water park Quercyland is a popular park. You and your children can go here to enjoy mini golf, bouncy castles, trampolines, boats, a merry-go-round and more. When staying at Chȃteau de Salles, the nearest and best waterpark for you is Aqualand Archachon. This is the largest water park on the Atlantic coast and there is something to do for both young and old. If you are on holiday by the Mediterranean coast and you want a day of water fun, you should definitely go to Aqualand in St. Cyr sur Mer, Frejus or St. Maxime. In the Languedoc region the water park at St. Cyprien is very popular.